We read on KISSA-BULL where Miss Sandra wrote "i'll never forget how alone i felt that night when i was screaming for help for my doggies and all i could hear from my neighbors was that us humans were safe and that they were just dogs" and were completely heartbroken.
These are people that obviously have never known the love of a pet. They don't understand the lengths that pet parents go to for the family members that they love. And yes they are family members. We made a conscience decision to not have 2 legged children. All of our kids have 4 legs and fur. Everyone that knows me knows this. There are many times when my friends are talking about the issues they have with their 2 legged kids and I say DOGS!!!
One of the many many things I love about our blog community is that it has connected me with so many like minded fur parents. People that understand spending thousands of dollars on surgery because you can't imagine time without your furry kids.
I have to admit that when I read the above and the comments from the other neighbor about burying them by the tree in the backyard. I was all ready to round up the Blogville Posse and head for Houston! So if anyone wants to join the Posse just let me know!
I know lately that a lot of our posts have been a bit melancholy so I wanted to end this on a fun note.
I'm sure that many of you have seen these in one form or another before but I wanted to share them again!
Notice to Guests At My House
1. The dogs lives here. You don't.
2. If you don't want the dog to be near you, stay off the furniture.
3. Yes, they have some disgusting habits. So do I, and so do you. What's your point?
4. OF COURSE they smell like a dogs.
5. It's their nature to try to sniff your crotch. Please feel free to sniff theirs.
6. I like them a lot better than I like most people.
7. He does THAT because he CAN!
8. To you they are dogs. To me they are adopted sons and daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly. I have no problem with any of these things.
9. Dogs are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about whether they have the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for university, and if they get pregnant you can sell the pups(Of course all of ours are spayed or neutered).
Mr. Nubbin's Mom
PeeS. Who knew that Pip was soooo popular! :-) We couldn't be happier to the money is going to such a wonderful family!
7 hours ago